Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On the second day of Christmas my piece of shit ex renters gave to me

Vomit and mold and a partridge in a pear tree.

First I want to address the issue of the security deposit that you all keep asking about. ABSOLUTELY NOT THEY WILL NOT GET BACK A DIME!
Now. By law my mom has 30 days to make necessary repairs and then provide the renters with a list of said repairs and a letter explaining how much, if any they will get back from their deposit. Then, if the amount is more then what we collected from them (I believe $1,000.00) we have the option to take them to court to collect the remaining balance of our repairs. Up until yesterday we were of the thinking that taking them to court would be futile since they are on social security, not working, and blow the rest of their money on liquor and cleaning products.

However last night as we entered the house to really start ripping shit out and logging repairs we found some things that may force us to take them to court. The night actually started good. Things were moving and shaking, changes were happening and we were having a good time.

We arrived to see that the gardener had gotten the back yard cleaned up pretty good for his first day on the job. He even cleaned out the big apple tree for Brandons fort.
Looking up in the fort
He fit in it perfect, I was really excited for him to play in it
Ugly 1970's wall paper BE GONE! Honestly the wall paper came out like nothing. My mom actually had that almost all pulled out in the kitchen in about 5 minutes. We showed up in time to finish the kitchen and help with the bathroom.
Here is what the kitchen looks like with out yellow flower wallpaper

And then...They moved to the downstairs bathroom. They were peeling paper out like a champ and all the sudden I hear, "OH MY FUCKING GOD, SHANNON COME GET A PICTURE OF THIS"
This would be a wall full of mold we discovered.
Rob peeled a little more back only to see
More mold. Now here is the obnoxious part. In the last letter written to us by the renter she wrote, "I noticed the bathroom shower leaking but didn't want to tell you and be a bother" and then some bullshit about her being a nice tenant. The part that bugs me the most about this is my parents own 3 other homes on this street. They take great care of them, and for only rentals houses they spend an insane amount of money up keeping them. If her tenant had ever called and mentioned a leak there would have been a plumber there faster then you could blink, I know because our other normal tenants who report things have all been totally happy at the speed things have been fixed. These are old homes, we expect stuff to happen that need repair, but we also expect our fucking tenant to tell us. Whats worse is if you go outside the wall behind this bathroom is covered in white stuff obviously showing a leak but no one told us. I'm not sure, but I think there is some kind of disclosure law where the renters had to tell us about this. Either way this is mold, it's going to cost a lot of money and we are really fucking mad, because this is going to cost far more then their stupid fucking deposit. I'm just glad we have it in writing that they knew it and chose not to tell us.
At this point I got banished from the room since I was wearing Codi in the Moby. I headed upstairs to show Codi his room. My mom had mentioned something about his room that I might want to look at. So, I looked out his window, and discovered that the dumb fuck kid who lived in this room had popped his screen out and puked out onto the roof. This would be the same kid who upon inspection of the house had dried dog shit on his bed!
Norma, our friend and helper cussed a way lot yesterday.
I spent the majority of the time walking around with Codi taking pictures
I was allowed in to snap one quick photo after all the wall paper had come down. You can see the mold ended up going all the way down the wall.
I had a couple Salt City candles next door at work so I packed them over, as the smell of ROT was beginning to fuck with my head. Today I have packed up about 7 more candles and plan to smell up every room when we are there.
My mom finally said lets get the carpet and mattress out right now because they smell the worst. They lifted up the older sons mattress to move it and this is the back of it. This kid was sleeping on this.
This would be the under side of the ONE YEAR OLD CARPET!!!!
That would be one year of dog piss.

This is a second area of the carpet
In this photo my husband was trying to pretend like he wasn't on the verge of puking his guts out touching this carpet
More dog piss, liquor, and probably bodily fluids
This would be the one year old padding. ONE YEAR PEOPLE! When we pulled out the entire carpet in my house last year to lay down pergo there were no spots like this NONE AND IT WAS 8 FUCKING YEARS OLD!
At the end of the day, Rob was getting high from the mold toxins and making silly faces at me!

At this point I would like to mention, the lady renter in her last letter basically said she knew there would be no deposit refund. Her reasoning is that we wouldn't allow her a couple extra days after her lease was up to "clean up" the house. She said that in the past her landlords had given her a couple extra days to clean and she got back "all or at least some" of her deposit back. She stated that they intended to repair the screens and fix the walls, and dirt and blah blah blah. All I'm saying is, a couple days wouldn't take the fucking mold off my walls, patch a 30+ year old door with a hole in it, replace the flooring and so on. She said that she struck a deal up with her new land lord to move in a few days early with out the place being cleaned first. So she will be moving into a dirty home, but she doesn't have to pay a full deposit. I bet it feels just like home to her!

6 comments:

angie said...

Wow...I'm pretty much speechless to say the very least! I must ask though...did your mom have to give these people a new reference for this new place they are going to live in? I would assume not since their new landlord allowed them to move in without cleaning first...I'm going to assume this is a wonderful fit for landlord and tenant. These people were filthy pigs...vomit on the roof and dogshit on their bed! FOUL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously...... SICK!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe people would do this. I have two dogs and would NEVER IN MY LIFE leave a house in this kind of shape...... EVER.

Christy said...

I don't know how you are managing all of this with the kids in tow. Shannon = Super Mom.

Do you have to move? Because this house seems like A LOT of work.

Lindz said...

I am so glad you are documenting this. You should be on a TV show, I swear. Sick, those people were effing sick.

I do however, looking forward to seeing the changes that you make and the palace it turns into.

Ginger said...

OMG, Gross!

Rachael said...

Oh my gosh. I can't believe it. I just can't. MOLD. That crap is toxic, and they just CHOSE to live with it... they should definitely have to pay for it. Ewwwwwww.