Monday, July 21, 2008

Bob the Builder

Insurance had us bring in a builder to give an estimate on repairs. Things are worse then I thought. Water damage has moved from bathroom to master bedroom hard wood floors. I really hope insurance approves this because the house is increasingly becoming more then we can handle.

Someone mentioned that my one month goal seemed to short in a comment. That goal was back when I thought we only needed to paint, install appliances, and put down some new kitchen floors.

Everyone keeps bugging me to pack. I'm not packing. I have family coming in the weekend of the 2nd for Brandons birthday. They are staying with me. I refuse to have my house in disarray when they come here. Also, unless we get the builder approved I don't feel like we will be moving in anytime in 2008. I have another party coming up the last day in August. I already sent out invites with the new address. The builder tells me he can do it in time. My mom says, "ehh, if not we just have the party anyway...only at a big empty house."

Yeah, because that's not weighing on my nerves!

The parents went to lowes. They picked out a new gas cook top. My dad is cutting in a gas line for me so I can have a gas stove instead of electric. I'll take some pictures of the massive disaster today at work and post some updates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you don't pack until you can move. It's not fun to live among the boxes. I hope you can meet the end of August deadline.