Monday, July 7, 2008

Floors

I had my floor guy come over today. We planned to rip out the rotting linoleum and put in new linoleum. He informed me that whoever put in the last linoleum actually ripped up the old floors and instead of removing the glue just put new glue over old glue and has now ruined the floors. So! Now, since those two layers of glue and flooring aren't going to be removable I now have to purchase pricier laminate floors such as Pergo and have those laid on top of the old floor probably doubling if not tripling my cost. What will I find next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

prolly a dead body

Nellie said...

oh my god. i love this blog! it's like watching an episode of flip this house! and I love what uumomma had to say... a dead body! hahaha :)

looks like you guys have got your hands full. we are thinking about re-doing our bathroom and i am truly afraid of what we might find.

your discoveries are starting to scare me even more!

those people lived in complete filth. how does a person do that??

Stephanie said...

What next Shannon?? My goodness. The house is going to look so good once you guys are finished fixing it up. Just try to keep the end product in mind!

xoxox

Ginger said...

But at least you get nice pergo flooring!