Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mold, rot and a cherry on top

Yesterday I walked into the house to see this. That would be the master bathroom floor laying in the master bedroom. Lets look closer
This would be where the water went all the way around the bathroom and under the master bedroom hardwood floors. They are now warped and damaged.

If you look to the bottom left you can see the water damage better

But wait, step inside.


Then you can see the mold. The builder buddy was pulling up the old floors and came across this

Lots and lots of black mold.

This is a close up of the flooring he had pulled out. Both sides of the wood were covered in mold

This was the piece that went around the toilet

MOLD!!!!!

Today I walked in to find out that under the bathtub/shower were WARPED FLOORS! They removed the tub and found this. Look close, in the middle left of the picture you can see the wood was so warped all of its layers were seperating

The entire section to the right of the pipes had to be removed (pictures of that tomorrow). The builder told me that had we not caught this the bathtub would have actually fallen through the wood. NEAT! If you look down those holes you can see directly into the downstairs bathroom.

Close up of the massive water damaged floor under the tub. Every day we find more shit to repair!

One more close up just so I can stress THERE WAS A FUCKING LEAK. IT MADE THE FLOORS WARP AND FALL APART. BATHTUB WOULD HAVE SUNK IN. MOTHERFUCKER RENTERS!

Almost looking down into the guest bathroom

The master bathroom totally gutted, you can see through into my secret hiding space (aka my attic)

2 comments:

Just Jiff said...

You opened yourself a LARGE can of worms. This is why I don't want an older house. :)

I can't believe those renters lived like that and let that leak do that much damage. Just goes to show why they rent and dont own their own home. They don't take care of ANY of their stuff. Obviously.

I had dreams about this house of yours last night. Seriously.

Emery Jo said...

UUUGGGGHHHHHH. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. But I just know it's going to be AMAZING in the end.