Thursday, July 17, 2008

Holy Shit

I came across these pictures the other day. They were taken while the renters still lived there to show us the cabinet color. We gave them 24 hours notice that we were coming in so they could get cleaned up and stuff. This was at 8:30 in the morning. Look at all the shit on their counters left from the night before.

Crusted food on the stove, look at all the bottles and mess on their counters. If you look close you can see the table they used as an island that the bottom of the picture. They left their ketchup out. Ewww. Also on that table was a plate with caked on stale nasty food, and cigarette butts galore. I can't believe they wouldn't have cleaned better knowing we were coming over.

This is under the house. You can see the water leaks, and water damage.

There should not be water under the house (left of picture)

More water leaking under the house

My dad was framing in the refrigerator cove. That nail gun is so powerful it was shooting little sparks out with each shot. That thing scared the living shit out of me!
The remaining junk they left behind. I've decided I'm keeping the cute little table though.

So. You want to take a shower huh? Hmm appears to be some stuff in there. I wonder why?

OOOOOO because there is a giant hole in my shower. Umm interesting huh. Yes, seems the water leak was determined to be behind the shower. The insurance company brought in plumbers who had to cut a hole in my shower. At the end of the day the insurance company has told us to bring in a builder friend of ours to help out. Looks like I will be getting a brand new bathroom, along with the boys, and most likely the down stairs.

A close up of the neat little hole in my shower

Water leaking down the wall

I've determined that we will not be moving in by the end of the month. Sooo I am now shooting for the end of August. I hope that works out since I used the new address on my husbands birthday invites. I'm excited by the prospect of a new bathroom that is not so, umm, PURPLE!

The crazy thing is that it seemed like fate that we had to move in, and the renters lease was up. I mean can you imagine how much worse this would have been had we let them renew their lease and continue living there KNOWING there was a leak and not telling us? I'm really glad the insurance company is offering to help out too. I hope we are able to get the builder in soon because this is turning into a lot more work then my dad and husband can handle on their own.

7 comments:

Cristina Mathers said...

that table is cute, but the rest of the mess is not. you must be exhausted! you're making progress though.

Anonymous said...

dudala,
is that bathtub PURPLE?

misguidedmommy said...

UUMOMMA: THE BATHTUB AND SINK ARE PURPLE, IN THE BOYS BATHROOM THE BATH TUB, SINK AND TOILET ARE PINK...ALONG WITH THE TILE AND FLOORS.

Coffee Slut said...

OMG!

angie said...

If you keep the table please repaint and disinfect the shit out of it!!! I'm glad you are getting a new tub too...purple really??

Christy said...

I thought a month seemed a little ambitious. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is done in August.

Anonymous said...

wow.just wow.